Comments for the others...

>> Monday, August 10, 2009

So, I don't know if it's my computer or my browser or what, but apparently, I can not post a comment to anyone's blog if the comment box is embedded in the page. Pop-up comment boxes are fine. And Ian's blog, though embedded, is not a blogger blog, so it worked just dandy as well.

At any rate, here are the comments to the other articles. Actually, to the vast majority of the articles.

Anndell:
Such a thoughtful and well-written article. I love how you opened with a simple anecdote about you and your mom before moving into a piece about a mother/daughter team. And the article itself is so well researched and presented. I feel like I know all there is to know about The Joy of Cooking.
But what’s more is that I feel like I learned several valuable, practical lessons. I feel better prepared to fight for my rights as a self-published author. I feel better versed in trends within layout. I feel more at ease with the potential of dealing with an editor.
It is a really beautiful piece and so informative on so many levels.

Jack:
Your article is both extremely hilarious and extremely informative. I can tell a great deal of research went into it, and I admire that you were able to keep the humor of your illustration within your text.
There are a few areas you could improve on within the text, (ie repetition of words or phrases) but those are merely formal observations and have nothing to do with the information presented or the research conducted (which is obviously well-informed and extensive, respectively).

There is a website (Cracked.com) which dedicates itself to articles about topics such as this alongside general absurdities of our modern world. They are always accepting contributors, and you can be as mouthy/profane as you'd like.
If producing text in this manner has been enjoyable for you, I'd suggest you stick with it and give writing for them a shot.

Karissa:
I am so excited to read these books! Your article informed me of such an intriguing and wonderful collection of thinkers that I previously had no idea existed. I mean, I’m almost certain I’d heard “semiotext(e)” somewhere before (okay, maybe I hadn’t heard the parentheses) but had just let it slip past.
Your article not only made me feel informed about their means of self-publication, it also made me excited to seek them out and really become involved in them. THAT is the sign of a well-written, well-presented article!

Kellyn:
Your voice in this article lends itself so completely to the content that the two together seem destined and impenetrable. I really love the inclusion of the reader in the "we" of the teller. It's a beautiful way of granting a point of entry and drawing them alongside you for your discovery. I also greatly enjoy how the article builds up to the history of the artist book. Most pieces like this would present the history immediately. that's just how our minds supposedly work. In a linear manner.
Here though, you've really captured how our minds actually work. Via questions. We question first. Extensively. We consider all sides. We beat it, and stab it, and fill it with so many holes we're unsure of where to go next. And THEN we research the history.
That works beautifully for this piece.

0 comments:

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum