'Zine Distribution

>> Wednesday, July 22, 2009

In considering how to distribute Malform, I played around with a few options. One was to continue with my tried and true habit of placing them at work for folks to pick up. Kind of an easy out, and a coffee shop cliche, but what the hell. The other was mailing them to friends and family back home in Georgia. The third, and the one I decided to go with, leaves me with the remaining copies after our class exchange, still in my hands. For now.

I've got 10 copies of Hymn headed my way to sell around town. I figured I'd do the Quimby's thing with it, and perhaps try to get a copy or two into some other spots. I want to offer Malform up as a bonus with those copies. Or, perhaps, as a freebie at places where the book is sold to get folks interested in dropping the cash on the book. That way, the 'zine can act not only as a means of getting my stuff out there, but also as a form of guerrilla marketing. Not to mention, having an excerpt from the next novel I plan on releasing - if I ever get around to finishing it - helps to maintain an interest. Or at least I'd like to think it does.

As this plan leaves the 'zines in place for the moment, I have no pictures to post. So instead, I shall present a screen shot of my order from Lulu. It's still "fulfilling." But it should be coming soon.


0 comments:

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum